- Leading steel manufacturing company
- Career growth and opportunities
About Our Client
Leading steel manufacturing company that serves the country with two million tons of rebar per year. Pushed by the rising consumption of construction steel, the company has been rapidly expanding in the last six years.
1. Ensure good coordination amongst all Melt Shop personnel to achieve all the targets of the plant and the company.
2. Set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound) targets for the Melt Shop plant and team members.
3. Lead and drive continuous improvement action plans in the plant on productivity, quality, cost, safety and environment.
4. Lead and drive yield improvement and plant delay reduction initiatives.
5. Lead and drive the capability improvement of Melt Shop team members.
6. Coach, guide and motivate direct/indirect reports to strengthen their personal effectiveness.
7. Delegate and empower direct/indirect reports to increase overall team effectiveness.
8. Evaluate talent pool and recruit appropriate external talents to strengthen the Melt Shop team.
9. Evaluate new materials, equipment or technologies for suitable application in the Melt Shop plant and execute the plans to implement them in the operations.
10. Prepare annual budget for approval by top management and ensure that the plant costs are managed well within the approved budget.
11. Ensure effective implementation of the company's Health, Safety and Environment policy.
12. Review safety incident reports and ensure plant-wide implementation of all corrective and preventive action plans.
13. Review all Melt Shop reports before they are finalized for submission to Senior Management.
14. Performs other related tasks assigned from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
- More than 10 years of experience in EAF Melt Shop
- Minimum 5 years in plant operation leadership positions
- Collaborative leadership style
- Strong technical problem solver and people motivator
- Good knowledge in steel making
- Decisiveness and sound judgement
- Action-oriented and resourceful
- Excellent understanding of Melt Shop costing
- Expertise in cost and productivity improvement
- Expertise in human relations and organization
- Personnel and management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Promoter for Quality, Safety and Environment
What's on Offer
- Career growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to lead