- Newly created role
- Multinational startup company
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational logistics distribution and supply chain startup company providing solutions in the road freight industry.
- The Business Development Manager will research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement
- Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which sales strategies can be used to attract clients
- Adequately understand the platform so as to be able to professionally represent and sell services to the market.
- Establish and actively seek new 'shipper' business opportunities which can be sold onto the platform.
- Prepare pricing quotations, participate in bids
- Drive new sales which align to agreed sales targets.
- Ensure on-going account management and after sales service as and when required to your portfolio of clients.
- Prepare and present commercial proposals to the market in line with company expectations and policies.
- Ensure all internal reporting is completed accurately and within agreed deadlines.
- Promptly and accurately react to client enquiries in a professional manner.
- Work closely and professionally with operations and management to ensure client satisfaction and growth.
- Other responsibilities that may be assigned
The Successful Applicant
- Requires a minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in field sales in road freight transportation or freight forwarding
- Proven track record in selling transportation and logistics services
- Proven network with targeted customers using transportation and logistics services
- Experience with logistics and transportation processes, systems and solutions
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Solid knowledge of commercial transportation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build, grow and maintain solid client relationships
- Ability to work independently and achieve targeted results
- High energy level
- Good negotiation skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Bachelor degree desired
What's on Offer
- The Business Development Manager will receive a competitive package with an attractive incentive scheme
- Be a sales pioneer in the startup company, potentially growing the sales team
Quote job ref
+63 02 7795 2807