- Very attractive role for an International NGO organization.
- The company is looking for a Country Director.
About Our Client
Our client is a global NGO present in the Philippines for more than 20 years. They partner with the community, schools and local governments. They are operating in hundreds of barangays and schools in different locations, reaching thousands of children and their families.
- Lead the development and execution of high-quality country strategy, relevant to the local context and reflecting the global priorities and contribute to the company global strategy.
- Oversee the recruitment, orientation, and performance of the employees and their
development, demonstrating healthy engagement, strong management teams, culture of innovation, and effective talent management.
- Strengthen the financial sustainability of programs and operations, striking healthy financial ratios, and effective budget administration and compliance with statuary regulations related to NGO'S in the country.
- Lead and oversee the grants acquisition and management effort in the country ensuring long
term sustainability of the portfolio and achievement of annual targets including sponsorship services and its integration with program.
- Oversee program quality in the country, ensuring quality execution of program strategy that
integrates child protection, Disaster risk reduction, effective humanitarian response including security framework in a timely manner, together.
- Lead and take all appropriate actions to ensure promotion and enforcement of the Safeguarding and Ethics based Policies (including Child safeguarding) and follow up on any findings to address any gaps or weaknesses given the uniqueness of the local operating context and best practice.
- Represent the company externally, including legal representation, and develop the company reputation and brand among government, donors, media, peer NGO's to pre-position, advocate, network and raise profile and reputation among key influencers important to advance children's right and wellbeing.
- Provide leadership in the development or change management transformative initiatives in the country based to enable evolution of programs and their delivery models as well as incentives the innovation and action-research development.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven experience of exercising leadership functions with increasing responsibility in an international environment related to development.
- Proven understanding of Child Rights and well being concepts.
- Experience and understanding of the concepts of sustainable community development and participatory approaches and practice and development interventions.
- Knowledge of the requirements of donor compliance and financial management.
- Knowledge of programming in challenging environments with good understanding and appreciation of the historical, security context, political environment, economic, social/religious and humanitarian context in Philippines or a comparable environment.
- Proven skills in the development and management effective and motivated teams, including distance management.
- Strong diplomatic and communication skills, including through mass-media in order to influence decision-makers and key stake holders.
- Proven networking and negotiation skills with governmental and non-governmental actors.
- Excellent English Written and Verbal communication skills.
What's on Offer
Attractive remuneration package according to the role.