- Global player in the Leisure and Casino industry
- Opportunity to live and work abroad
About Our Client
Genuine global leader in the Hospitality and Casino industry. Locally our client owns and runs one of the more established and respected resorts in the growing industry and community.
The Director of Internal Audit & Compliance in Manila, will have a very varied role with some of the following key responsibilities:
Develops and executes an annual internal audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risk or control concerns identified by management or the Audit Committee, and submits that plan including the resource requirements for the year to the Vice President - Internal Audit for review and recommendation to the Audit Committee for approval. Reports to the Vice President - Internal Audit, at the required intervals on Internal Audit assignments including planned reviews, investigations, risk advisory work and any other ad-hoc activity as required.
Evaluates and assesses significant new or changing services, processes, operations and control processes during their development and/or implementation.
Reports significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities including potential improvements to those processes.
Builds and maintains relationships with leaders across the Organization to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organization as a whole and assist in carrying out recommendations.
Conducts research on audit related topics such as ERM, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Data Analytics & Sarbanes-Oxley to ensure best practices are followed.
Performs all responsibilities without impairing the independence of the internal audit function and providing independent and objective assurance reports to Vice President- Internal Audit for presentation to the Audit Committee.
Oversees the internal audit team of approximately.
Manages and conducts internal audit engagements to determine effective/efficient internal processes, compliance with policies and procedures, reliability of financial data, and proper recording of transactions and other key control objectives identified.
The Successful Applicant
The Director of Internal Audit & Compliance, is open and welcomes expatriate applications. Other key requirements:
(Please note, our client will consider application from candidates coming straight from the big 4, assuming they have audit gaming/ casino clients and operate at the Director level.)
1. More than 10 years' experience in broad based accounting, auditing and business experience through public or industry sector.
2. Significant experience in senior Internal Audit roles.
3. More than 5 years of management experience (leadership of managing a team of professional auditors)
4. More than 6 years of experience in the gaming and hospitality industry. Exposure to junket environment in Macau is highly preferred.
5. Sarbanes Oxley 3 years of experience and preferred listed company and regulatory experience, ideally a US listed company.
6. Large company systems exposure; and Cybersecurity & Data Analytics audit experience is highly preferred.
What's on Offer
As previously mentioned to role is open to expat applications.
The Director of Internal Audit & Compliance, offers an exciting opportunity to work with a global leader, in Manila where the industry is on an exciting journey.
Salary and package will be in line with the demands of the role and will cover any relocation/ living expenses.