We collect information about you to make your job search as easy and safe as possible. This data is important; we understand that. This is why we’re committed to protecting your privacy online.
Michael Page International Recruitment (Philippines) Inc and its offices branches and related companies is part of the PageGroup an international human recruitment consulting services group of companies (“PageGroup” or “we”, “our” or “us”). We are committed to ensuring that when we collect, use and otherwise process information about visitors (“you”) to our websites, we do so in accordance with (i) Republic Act 10173, Data Privacy Act of 2012 and (ii) Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“Regulations”) and (iii) other relevant laws and regulations.
1. Collection of Personal Data
PageGroup may collect personal information about you (collectively “your personal data”) such as your name, contact details, skills, qualifications, accreditations and your employment history. We may also collect other types of personal data about you such as references and employment objectives during the course of our dealing with you. For example, if you are considered for a particular employment position. Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect your personal data and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear to you prior to the of collection of your personal data.
When you visit our websites, we may collect data you gave us when:
- registering or subscribing to our products and services or requesting further products and services from us on any of our websites;
- contacting us to report a problem with our websites or to make any enquiry or query or comment; and
- you apply online for a job or work with PageGroup. You may need to provide (without limitation) data about your education, employment history and accreditations. The submission of your application to us constitutes your express consent to our use, retention and processing of your personal data to, among others, accesses your application and to allow us to carry out any reference checking and other related activities as may be required of us under any applicable law. PageGroup may also collect your personal data from publicly available information and records and third parties.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- to provide, or facilitate the delivery of, our products and services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your Curriculum Vitae ("CV") generally, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our products and services (including, but not limited to, Job Alerts or MyPage);
- to match your qualification, experience details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and, where you have provided your prior consent as a candidate, to send your personal data to clients in order to apply for jobs for you;
- to communicate with you, including answering your inquiries;
- to market and promote products and services to you, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may unsubscribe from such communications at any time (by selecting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the relevant communication or by contacting the Privacy Officer as set out below in Section 11);
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide products or services that you have requested, such as psychometric evaluations or skills tests, and to third parties who provide services to us, such as professional advisers, IT consultants, mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties shall comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as PageGroup and uphold the Data Processing Agreement or Data Sharing Agreement executed with PageGroup;
- if PageGroup merges with or is acquired by another business, we may share your personal data with the new owners of the business and their advisers and if this happens, you will be notified of such an event;
- we may also disclose your personal data to regulatory or law enforcement authorities, if they require us to do so;
- to meet or comply with any legal, regulatory or statutory requirements relating to our provision of products and services and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, legislation, rule, ruling, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code (collectively “laws”) applicable to us;
- for research, benchmarking and statistical analysis; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for any other purpose or reason not listed above or permitted under the Regulations or other applicable laws.
3. Sharing of Personal Data
While your personal data will be kept confidential, in certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to provide or disclose your personal data if required for any of the foregoing purposes. Where we do so, we would merely disclose data that is necessary for the purpose of such disclosure.
We may share your personal data with the following categories of persons (who may be located within or outside Philippines), such as entities within the PageGroup including all related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies and associated companies, our affiliates, licensees, joint venture partners; our sub-contractors and service or product providers in connection with our products or services; and anybody or person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under any laws or in response to any competent or government, state, provincial, local government, statutory or municipal authority, industry regulators, law enforcement authority, agency or body.
We shall ensure that these third parties shall comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as PageGroup and uphold the Data Processing Agreement or Data Sharing Agreement executed with PageGroup, when applicable;
4. Privacy on Our Websites
- Submitting Your CV and Applying for Jobs
You may submit your CV to PageGroup via this website, either for general consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they arise or to apply for a specific advertised job. Once submitted, your CV will be sent directly to the relevant PageGroup recruitment consultant who will review your details and advise you whether you will be accepted by us for registration on our central database. This database, including your personal data, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working in other offices of the PageGroup, both inside and outside Philippines. If you are accepted onto our database, our recruitment consultants will then contact you to set up an interview in person. You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure as for submitting a new CV via our websites.
- Job Alerts
You may sign up to receive emails that alert you to new jobs on our website (Job Alerts). To subscribe to Job Alerts, you need to provide your email address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed by email of the latest jobs and/or news in your nominated industry. If you no longer wish to receive Job Alerts, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe links provided in every Job Alert email that you receive.
- Aggregate Information About Website Visitors
We gather information and statistics about all visitors to this website and all of our websites worldwide, including the most frequently accessed pages and most frequently used products and services. We only use such data in aggregate form (that is, the data does not identify any one individual). This data helps us determine the most beneficial parts of our websites and ways in which we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We also publish some of this aggregate (non-identifiable) data on the PageGroup websites worldwide.
6. Cross Borders Transfer
PageGroup is a global company and we endeavour to provide you with the same products and services worldwide. Our global network comprises offices, data centres, trusted service providers and trained consultants. The nature of our business, operations and services may require us to transfer your personal data (from time to time) to other related companies. Subject to the Cross-Border Privacy Rules and Memorandum of Understanding executed between the Philippines and other countries on cross-border transfer of data, we may transfer the data we collect about you to countries other than your home country or other than the country in which the data was originally collected, as follows:
- where you are registered as a candidate on our database, your personal data will be accessible by our other offices and potential employers internationally, including in Australia, Greater China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and UK; and
- to different companies or entities of the PageGroup worldwide to enable the development and marketing of other products and services, to improve our customer service and to make our products and services more valuable to you, including tailoring our website when you log on to make it relevant to you personally.
PageGroup takes reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure, accurate, complete, up to date and not misleading. The Internet is not always a secure method of transmitting data. PageGroup shall not be liable for the security of data you send to or links to websites outside the PageGroup. Please consult these other websites' privacy policies as we have no control over them and are not responsible for any data that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
8. Access to Personal Data
You may request access to, and correction of, your personal data held at PageGroup or request that your personal data be updated or deleted by contacting the PageGroup Privacy Officer as set out below. We may ask to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and give you our reasons for doing so. For instance, where you request your personal data to be updated or corrected and there is a dispute about the facts, we will make a note on your personal data of such dispute. If you have created an account with PageGroup via our website, you are able to view and update any information by logging into your account.
You may also request that PageGroup stop using your personal data and contacting you and we will comply with your request (for example if at any time you would prefer to stop receiving newsletters and updates from us, please use the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other communication material).
9. Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
The Company will process your Personal Data only as long as is necessary to implement, administer and manage your participation in our services, or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, including under tax and securities laws. In the latter case, you understand and acknowledge that the Company’s legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data would be compliance with the relevant laws or regulations. When the Company no longer needs your Personal Data for any of the above purposes, you understand the Company will remove it from its systems.
At PageGroup we aim to acknowledge receipt of your complaint as soon as possible and commit to resolve all complaints no later than 30 days. However, there may be instances where this is not possible due to the contents of the complaint. In such circumstances, we will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time.
Contact details: Privacy Officer
Email: [email protected]
Post: The Data Privacy Officer
15th Floor, BDO Towers Paseo
8741 Paseo de Roxas, Bel-Air
City of Makati, NCR, Fourth District